In 1896 John Watson started John Watson Plumbing Company. Soon after his brothers James and Robert joined and in 1898 Watson Brothers Company was founded.
The company started small, installing and serving plumbing systems around Port Huron, MI by horse drawn wagon. By the turn of the century the company had expanded their services to include heating systems.
By 1910 the company began using the Model T trucks for a "Shop at Your Door" service.
In 1920 John's son James V. took over as President of the company.
The company continued to grow through the 1920s and 30s. They opened shops and offices on Gratiot Ave., Quay St., and Huron Ave.
In 1930, John Watson was honored with the first Master Plumbers License in the state of Michigan in recognition for his work in instituting a state plumbing code.
In the 1940s the company opened their Court St. office.
In 1965 JV's son James S. "Skip" took over as President of the Company.
In 1985 Skip's son James C. took over as President of the company.
In 1999 the company opened a new service location on Electric Ave. in Port Huron.
In 2005 the company opened their new 18,000 sq. ft. warehouse and fabrication shop.
In 2015 the company began offering mechanical engineering services.